Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 30th, My First Baptism!

HEY EVERYONE!!!!
This week has been great! We had another baptism. We baptized this couple and I baptized the husband! The hard part was just saying his name or names. It was a great experience. Also yesterday we visited one of our many investigators and she is married to a member. We just started teaching her when I got here. I get along really well with her husband Beto. In fact I had to teach the lesson in Gospel Doctrine (because the missionaries teach it here and it was my turn to teach) so I needed some help so I got Beto to help me. It was a great experience because his wife Fabiola felt the spirit and started to cry. After church we stopped by to see how they were doing and to see how she felt in church. She told us that she got an answer to her prayers and knows that the church is true. So we will be putting a date with her tommorrow. It is so exciting!

Well you are lucky to have cold weather because here it is so so so hot! The other day I think it was about 104. So HOT!!!! They have been saying that it is either really hot here or really cold, so right now I am missing the Boise weather but I am starting to get used to the hotness.

That is so cool that Ben is leaving soon. All young men should go on a mission. It is hard at times but I am noticing already that it is worth it.

We have a ward here but it is somewhat small. It is growing from the work of the missionaries. The Bishop is a great guy and helps a lot with us missionaries. Oh we contacted this guy in Spanish but he stopped us and asked if we spoke English. So we talked with him in English. It was funny and some what hard to talk about the Book of Mormon in English.

Oh and yes I have recovered from my bike wreck. Well I need to go. I love you tons and I miss you guys a lot.

LOVE YA TONs
Elder Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment