Friday, April 8, 2011

April 6, 2011 - Responsibilities of a Zone Leader

Dear Family, I am so excited to be a zone leader! I know it will be great. I am still shocked that they asked us to be the Zone leaders because we are just meeting the halfway mark. Yes, the Branch Presidency makes the decision and they said that all of them came with the same answer. Which is awesome to hear. Zone leaders have to do a lot of stuff. We go to a lot of meetings with other zone leaders and also meetings with the branch presidency. We also call the branch president every night updating him on anything new. We don't have to call if him or any of his counselors come by the residence hall that night. We also show the new elders around on Thursday nights and talk with them on Wednesday nights. This will get us out of class for like a hour which is really sad because I learn so much in class.

Yes I did get the dearelder letter. Those are somewhat nice because I get the letter the day of and I get to read it that night or when I get the chance. I just feel badly because I can't reply right then. (Side note - DearElder.com is a great way to email Jaron. It is free, he gets it that day and it doesn't take up his short email time) Elder Orchard gets a dear elder almost everyday from his mom and I think that is a little crazy. He is the first missionary out of the kids in his family and he is also the oldest child. He is 20 and turns 21 in August. He is a great guy and we get along really well. Oh and he is tall!!! 6'6"!

I would love candy and chips and salsa. I would like anything really. MORE TIES!!! I love ties. There is especially never enough on a mission. (Mother's note - He is obsessed with ties!) I don't think there is anything that I really need though. Thanks for emailing. I miss you and I love you so much.
Elder Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment